View Single Post
Old 9th December 2014, 10:06   #707  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

And you are saying XySubFilter does work when you roll back to the previous version? I've double-checked the sample you provided using XySubFilter 3.1.0.705 + madVR 0.87.11 with ZoomPlayer 9.60b4, MPC-HC, MPC-BE, MPDN, and Potplayer and all are functioning just fine on my Win7 SP1 computer. I'd suspect something else is going on, so please redownload & reinstall the x86 version from GitHub, run Restore_Default_Settings.reg, and then run Install_XySubFilter.bat as Administrator and ensure you see a 'DllRegisterServer in XySubFilter.dll succeeded' message.

In general, the only reasons XySubFilter wouldn't load by default are:
  • The sample did not have an audio track
  • No internal subtitle pin available.
  • No external subtitles found.
  • No valid subtitle consumer found.
  • XySubFilter wasn't registered successfully.
  • Must install x86 version for 32bit media players.
  • Must install x64 version for 64bit media players.

If the video does not even start, maybe the user has MPC-HC VSFilter installed instead of xy-VSFilter? There is an issue with regular VSFilter which can cause playback failures when XySubFilter removes it from the graph. If you require VSFilter for other things, you need to ensure you install xy-VSFilter for proper operation. Otherwise just uninstall VSFilter if you don't need it. If another transform filter like FFDShow's Raw Audio/Video Processor are being used, you may want to try disabling those as well for troubleshooting purposes.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 9th December 2014 at 10:19.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote