LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
As for DGDenoise, look in the DGDecodeNV manual

Re
Code:
ConvertFromStacked(16)
Try it after SMDegrain and before NNEDI3
gonca: Again, thank you for your help . I tried the above but to no avail, although now we know why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
What do you mean "stack" ? I support 16 bits, but only "true" 16 bits, so only on avs+ for more than 8 bits data. I don't support "hacked" format.
jpsdr: Thank you for solving the mystery (and for your port of NNEDI3 ).

FranceBB: Thank you very much for your educational explanations; they're really helpful to an AviSynth hobbyist such as myself .

1) After perusing this entire thread I eventually came to understand that jpsdr's port of NNEDI3 doesn't work with stacked 16-bit. What I wonder is, would this:

Code:
### Overall Temporal Denoise ###
SMDegrain(TR=2,ThSAD=200,ContraSharp=True,RefineMotion=True,Plane=0,PreFilter=2,Chroma=False,LSB=True,LSB_Out=False)
### Resize ###
NNEDI3_RPow2(RFactor=2,CShift="Spline64Resize",FWidth=960,FHeight=1440)
aWarpSharp2(Depth=5)
Sharpen(0.2)
### Darken-Thin Lines ###
Dither_Convert_8_To_16()
F=DitherPost(Mode=-1)
S=F.FastLineDarkenMod(Strength=24,Prot=6).aWarpSharp2(Blur=4,Type=1,Depth=8,Chroma=2)
D=MT_MakeDiff(S,F).Dither_Convert_8_To_16()
Dither_Add16(Last,D,Dif=True,U=2,V=2)
be the "correct" way to use NNEDI3_RPow2 in my original script? Not that I would use this, though, because...

2) I encountered your NNEDI3_Resize16 line in this thread and was able to make it work after some effort. Thank you. I reckon it's better to upscale in 16-bits, no?

3) I did some searching, with two different engines, for aWarpSharp4 and found, literally, nothing. Do you know where I might find a copy?

4) Please, any suggestions to replace Sharpen(0.2)?

5) Thanks for your kind help .
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote