View Single Post
Old 17th January 2019, 17:07   #28309  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Edited: After reading Mark's reply again, nope..not Import. But rather using the disc rip. 2 very different things from a programming view. So, you'd have to use the UHD rip..not UHD MKV..but...give it a shot.
Correct...

I was trying to say I can rip a UHD Disc to hard drive folder (using DVDFab Passkey, AnyDVD or the Backup function in MakeMKV, including structure, etc.), then use BD-RB to convert that disc rip to a UHD resolution MKV with Intact Audio, and it works.

It was my understanding, based on past posts, that BD-RB can't shrink a UHD Disc to a BD-25, BD-9, BD-5, etc.

I've never tried taking a UHD Resolution MKV (such as output by selecting a title in MakeMKV, or recorded with my video camera), and having BD-RB import it then output it as a lower resolution MKV file OR a disc structure. I don't know if that is supposed to work. I've never read any postings about starting by importing a UHD MKV, and I've never thought of doing that. Every UHD source I have is a disc, so I'd rather use the original. And I have UHD capable video editors to resize/re-encode anything I shot in UHD on my phone or video camera.

@Blurayhd I read your post as if you have a UHD resolution MKV (possibly by selecting an individual title to output in MakeMKV maybe? since the title is Passengers) and tried to import that MKV into BD-RB and create either a 1080p Bluray disc or a 1080p MKV... If that is correct, I don't think that function in BD-RB is working yet. (And I don't know if BD-RB will ever down convert from UHD to HD Disc)

If your goal is to end up with a HD MKV, then rip your UHD Disc (structure) to hard drive, and use BD-RB's Alt-Movie Only backup feature, and select the correct profile that meets your needs.

If you are trying to convert a UHD Disc to a HD disc, then I don't know if you can do that. I just know that UHD Disc backup/shrink was still experimental, had issues and being worked on.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote