View Single Post
Old 6th March 2018, 10:26   #7  |  Link
Snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
I'll try that... just need to discover:

Does that mean installing "Python for Windows" at all, or some additional HexChat specific plugin? The documentation about plugins in general doesn't mention much about that.
Ah yes, forgot to mention that aspect since I installed it years ago and skipped my mind.

So it's both. When installing Hexchat for the first time there's an optional list of 'extras' that can be installed, among them the Python and Perl plugins for Hexchat, which need to be checked in order for Hexchat to support such scripts. Unfortunately these plugins can't be installed after the fact so a re-install will probably be necessary.

(Screenshot from my version of the installer. Either Python version can be chosen, I think I use the Python 3.4 variant.)

For the Windows Python installation I believe newer Hexchat versions automatically install the required Python version when the Hexchat extras have been checked during initial installation. In former Hexchat versions you would install Python for Windows via a separate installer manually.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote