View Single Post
Old 25th November 2012, 18:01   #2148  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Hi there Garrog,

AVStoDVD installer package queries the following Windows registry entry to detect a previous Haali installation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HaaliMkx\Install_Dir

If Haali has been installed correctly, then that key will be present.
Only the Haali installer sets this as far as I know; You should be checking if the needed DShow filters are registered/still on file system if you want to actually check for filters and not for if the official installer was run or not Of course you could also just tell people to not come around if they haven't used the official installer.

That said, just checking that registry key AFAIK doesn't tell you if the specific filters in Haali's package are actually registered, so switching to checking if certain filters are found in the DirectShow system is a relatively good idea (people can uncheck various checkboxes in the Haali installer after all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
About using the release 1.11.288.0, I cannot guarantee its compliance. If you test it and get no issues, please report it back. Thanks!

Take note that last official Haali release is 1.11.96.14 (http://haali.su/mkv)

You seem to have missed it on the CoreCodec site. Haali never got to updating his own site, so CoreCodec's download page was the only place you could get this version from, except for the 3.x CoreAVC releases. It is Haali's alright :P

If CoreCodec's support site is back up by now, you should be able to grab it from there.