View Single Post
Old 30th October 2018, 20:48   #53485  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betroz View Post
Here is my OSD. It seams in order now, but i still get repeated frames when I pause og restart the video, but I guess that is normal.
Yeah that's looking good, you could reduce the queues unless for some reason you need them that high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexkral View Post
This is why it was removed for chroma upscaling but not completely.
Partially because it used OpenCL and madshi didn't really want it in madVR any more, but NGU AA was created to replace NNEDI3 and although it's not as sharp it does handle edges better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
I'd be curious to see NGU AA (on chroma) low vs medium. I'd like to reduce my settings from medium to low for less fan noise
You wouldn't notice the difference in motion, what you will find is that the color graduation will be smoother due to more sample points? and I find there is less ringing with higher settings.
Take a look along the edges of the folds of the cloak, especially the color graduation of bottom middle fold.

NGU AA low vs Medium Bear in mind this is enlarged 300%.

The jump from NGU AA low to medium is greater than medium to high, personally I prefer medium as my base quality setting but it's relatively minor at the end of the day. I say change it to low and be happy with the lower noise.

Last edited by ryrynz; 30th October 2018 at 22:07.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote