View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 17:46   #245  |  Link
Katie Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Yes it does, but it's easy enough to use any deinterlacer you like. To use QTGMC for post-processing, for example...
OR, you could just tweak TFM's settings. Setting cthresh and mthresh to 2 or less, and using clip2 to retrieve pixels from a temporally-aware bob-deinterlacer like Yadif, works miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
If you use gmail at all, or other Google products, you should have access to your own Google Drive. I forget how large the files you can up/download. 5 GB, maybe? I hardly use it and I'm sure others know more about it.
I do not use gmail because Google is evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapp7 View Post
There's one other problem that I have only seen briefly mentioned, and that is the abysmal source footage quality in the early seasons of the show. Later season episodes, like Sacrifice of Angels, look pristine by comparison. I've tried various noise filters (as well as no noise filter) after performing the IVTC on the film sections and the result, when upscaled by Topaz, looks like garbage.

Here's a sample of IVTC'd source footage of the station. How can this possibly be upscaled to look okay?
TNLmeans or KNLmeans. Pure motherf***ing magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Should I re-send my friend request that you ignored? I feel so bad about Boris kicking you off my web site. You can come back any time and I will personally protect you. Your knight in shining armor!
Well the only reason I was on your website in the first place was to ask that ONE question about 48 -> 44.1 khz conversion and what the differences were between the quality settings. It's not like I was going to stick around one way or another. I will, however, continue to hawk DGindex as the #1 best way to get video content from a VOB file into AVIsynth

Joel, meet the legendary Donald Graft, also known as Neuron2. Back in the old days, he created he original Decomb plugin, which was the preferred deinterlacing tool used in the older versions of READFAG, written by the equally legendary Justin Emerson, also known as ErMaC. He also forked DVD2AVI (another program endorsed by early versions of READFAG) to create DGindex. Decomb has since been made obsolete by Tritical's TIVTC, but DGindex is still in use.

Last edited by Katie Boundary; 18th May 2020 at 18:03.
Katie Boundary is offline   Reply With Quote