View Single Post
Old 11th July 2018, 13:09   #51716  |  Link
iSeries

Another oddity for me with Win 10 (with Nvidia 1050ti). I was on 1709 and all of a sudden started getting audio drops when bitstreaming, however, other than that playback was perfect in D3D11 fullscreen windowed (neither overlay or FSE would work well). I clean installed 1803, which fixed the bitstreaming issue - however I now have a new issue (and maybe it's not an issue, I don't know). In D3D11 windowed mode playback starts out as it did before, the refresh rate jumps around a little bit, and then after some seconds it locks....but now after a minute or two, the refresh rate starts getting erratic again, jumping around, and it stays like that for the duration of playback. I am using smooth motion so no frames are reported as dropped.

But now all of a sudden FSE works perfectly - refresh rate is rock solid after a few seconds of playback. Overlay is also now usable, before I was getting frame drops every minute or so for no reason, and I tested it for 15 minutes and didn't get any frame drops, and just as FSE, refresh rate is stable.

So the issue is only with fullscreen windowed. This is with both the latest Nvidia driver and with 385.28. Focus assist / game bar and all that other nonsense is turned off. Anyone else seeing this with windowed mode, or is it just me lol.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote