View Single Post
Old 19th October 2016, 14:56   #2982  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
How did you come out with 7190 (PAL) and 6330 (NTSC) values? Theoretical or empirical?

Bye
It was not me, it was qyot27 who made the effort to determine these thresholds. See here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...60#post1705060

For muxing with Mplex, the -f 8 option for MPEG2 muxing seems to be the universal method which is used by just everyone. It does matter if for example you take the muxed MPEG2 file and import it into another software like DVDStyler which uses DVDAuthor to create the DVD. DVDAuthor will fail if the source MPEG2 does not have DVD NavPacks.

And for the Mplex version, this is a long story, I have to go back a long way...

My first encounter with Mplex was with good old DVD2SVCD, and the (modified) Mplex version which came with it had a strong tendency to cause stuttering. (Which eventually led to my collaboration with Sir Didymus to create BatchMux for DVD2SVCD).

But later versions of Mplex got rid of the stuttering, and the version I am using comes from DVDForger 0.61 Alpha by Alvarez (the man who created WAVI). You can still find it at Videohelp. The next version from DVDForger 0.62 Alpha did not work any more on my machine. Looks like you are shipping this version with the current Alpha, it shows the same version info, but it is a little bigger.

For the IVTC feature:
Quote:
Interlaced PAL to NTSC conversion...AFAI remember, pulldown or PAL speedup should be applied only to progressive sources.
We are talking about NTSC to PAL conversion here. And after a successful IVTC you will have just this: A progressive 23.976 source. So PAL speedup (or soft pulldown by DGPulldown) will be just what the doctor ordered...

//EDIT//
I believe that pulldown via DGPulldown can indeed only be used for progressive sources, but PAL speedup should work no matter if the source is progressive or interlaced.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 20th October 2016 at 06:24.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote