View Single Post
Old 19th December 2016, 13:03   #41600  |  Link
Oguignant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannes69 View Post
Yeah, it also contributes to climate change using GPUs like many here which are drawing more power alone than my whole desktop computer system including the monitor... Maybe power is way too cheap in many countries...
It is definitely a question of efficiency. Is it efficient to invest 500% more power to gain 0.5% better picture quality
The trend here is obvious: Spending as much money as one wants for a certain GPU and then maxing the load (90% until frames are dropping). And if max drawing algorithms arentīt possible, throw away the half year old GPU and buying a new one. Reminds me sometimes of the gaming scene, there obviously it seems very important to get 500 frames per second for certain games, for whatever thatīs good for.
I think for the people who are so proud of their GPU handling 256 neuron NNEDI3 luma and chroma quadrupling thereīs some need for the possibility of 512 neuron octopling
No offense, only a way of thinking about that.
Energy is expensive in any country, if you use it as fun and not to produce. I believe the concept of global warming was invented by the Chinese to make the American industry stop being competitive... Does not matter, Al Gore and I appreciate what you do to improve climate change.
I contributed using the Air Conditioning to not less than 24 degrees.