View Single Post
Old 27th January 2017, 15:06   #4657  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
x265 2.2+29-2f075fe8d4c5

Code:
   --complex-analysis <0..4.0>   Strength of complex analysis, 0 to disable. Default 0.0
A developers' functionality test runs with strength 1.53, FYI.
You need to update your build, looks like the patches were resubmitted due to bugs and your build uses the old patches.

I also guess that for non restricted VBV like normal encoding with ABR, the function serves little use. I wonder whether it could be adopted to apply based on complexity rather than stating actual numbers, which would vary from encode to encode. For instance, a particular video might have scenes where there is low complexity, and there is plentiful use of P and B frames. There could be points in the video where the complexity increases such that fewer P and B frame could be utilised, resulting in a higher bitrate. When this occurs a higher complex-analysis seting can be used, 0.5 (variable strength) could be used there and scales upwards further with higher complexity. The setting would therefore be the scaling rate, such that a lower setting would be more constrained in the scaling, and not a fixed rate, based on perceived complexity of the current run of frames. This would make it useful for normal use and not a per-encode use that is required with the existing code due to stating VBV limitations that varies with content, complexity, and resolution.

I realise this isn't the purpose of it spefically, it's just an interesting concept that could be repurposed. Just an idea .

Last edited by burfadel; 27th January 2017 at 15:28.
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote