View Single Post
Old 12th November 2018, 20:30   #53656  |  Link
Grahlwur

Swap eye when watching 3D in 2D?

Is it possible to select which angle/eye is viewed when watching a 3D-bluray in 2D? It seems to default to the "first" eye, but I can't find a way to change to the "second" eye.
I tried playing around a bit in madVR settings under devices -> <device> -> properties and rendering -> stereo 3d, but I can't seem to find a way to accomplish this.
No matter which settings I use in madVR, LAV Video Decoder says "Active Decover: msdk mvc", which makes me think it's possible to write a function to for example enable the "swap left / right eye"-checkbox for "3D format: none" to accomplish this?

When watching 3D encoded as SBS, I can select eye pretty easily by using Pan & Scan in MPC-HC to zoom in/crop to see only the eye I want. However, this does not work with a proper 3D-bluray since the Pan & Scan is happening before madVR does its magic. Meaning I just end up with SBS with zoomed in picture on both sides.

I realise this is a kinda odd question. What I'm trying to accomplish in the end is to analyse fullscreen screenshots of both left and right eye from 3D bluray both with themselves and the same frame from 2D bluray.

1) Is it already possible to select eye in madVR and I just haven't figured out how to do it?
If no:
2) Is it a feature that can be added without too much hassle?
3) Anyone happen to know if this is possible somehow in MPC-HC itself with LAV and madVR?

Also, thanks for an awesome renderer!

Regards
Grahlwur is offline   Reply With Quote