Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2017, 11:21   #3698  |  Link
sausuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
AVSMeter simply reads the frames from your script, there's no encoding involved. It measures how fast Avisynth can serve frames to your encoder (x264).
now I understand, hmm the problem appears again but not as bad, the script on avs meter is fast now

now it's either the Sony vegas or my computer, dunno if my it's my ram or my overclock, the speed is random when encoding (more on fast now) I always check avsmeter it's always on that speed so I already have fast frameserver.

what did I do:

Increased Sony vegas 15 threads to 48 (already tried only 1 and the encoding slows down)

I've already done the ramdisk and the slow fps does happen too so I think I don't have bottleneck on my HDD, I checked the taskmanager too

Gonna reset all the parameters on BIOS if it will help

EDIT:

Alright I finally know what the cause, 100% fix. This is all about the ram. I thought my 1 of my 4 ram is busted (can't boot with XMP on) so I've removed it then my computer runs in triple channel (2666Mhz XMP On). Yesterday I'm googling about threadripper performance problem and it said that low speed and not quad channel ram causes performance decrease up to 50% and infinity fabric relies on faster ram speed. So I put again my 1 8gb ram (for quadchannel again), overclock all my 32gb to 3000Mhz and it boots. I test it on all my .veg files with MEGUI and wallahh: always fast encoding, no more abort and pray to be faster.

It seems the ram speed needed to communicate to the processor, I have feeling about this though cause why sometimes it only uses the other half of the die

Hope this will help who gonna buy Ryzen or Threadrippers, buy high speed rams or overclock it (if you want to save money with previous ram). Didn't know this can affect the CPU performance that match in AMD (first time using AMD) haven't research much about this I always thought it's the same with intel, all about CPU not affecting by ram specification

Last edited by sausuke; 29th October 2017 at 22:17.