View Single Post
Old 21st July 2020, 14:14   #15  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

It took me a while to look at the math behind it and I gotta say that it's a very good catch.
Well done for finding this out.
I guess it took a Russian to prove us wrong xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
The 'SinPow' kernel still has limited enough usable range in current approximation math (from T > 2.55 to T < 3.75 or p < 3.9 and p > 2.66) and I will try to fix it with my simulation work. The limited and mostly interested case is lowest duration side (lowest T-value) and as hand-positioned samples shows it can reach close to theoretical duration of sinc-pulse of 1.2T at 0.5-level limit. With about 35% undershoots of positive pluse amplitude. Keeping outside ringing acceptably controlled (at least for 8-bit SDR video).
Ok, I may have got it completely wrong, but isn't that gonna shoot to the roof (i.e give out of range values) on signals that peak at 770mV (0.7V), namely 235 8bit?

Quote:
In testing with typical videocamera frames with p-parameter = 2.5 it gives comparable sharpness with Lanczos4Resize() but with better conditioned anti-ringing. Parameter p<2.5 gives better sharpness but may cause more artifacts, p>2.5 gives less sharpness. Intendent for using for downsampling at anti-alizing processing and lower frame size rip creation.
I see... Can it also be used as a brick-wall low-pass filter for antialiasing only, possibly with a cutoff that the user can choose? I'm just asking 'cause now I'm curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patul View Post
@DTL, I suggest you put in the samples, source and binary somewhere else (google drive, github) instead of as attachment.. With all due respect to the moderators, attachments will need to get manual approval from the moderators and it could take sometime.
I was actually lurking ResampleMT and now I understand where those commits come from: https://github.com/jpsdr/ResampleMT/...f3bf459bffc87b

In other words, don't worry, they're being merged into the main repository created and maintained by Jean Philippe.

Quote:
Photos taken with poor-people camera from handheld android (smart)phone.
We work in broadcast, but we're all broke (me included). It's a common place for people here on Doom9 xD

Quote:
Output data passed 1 time HDCAM 422 MPEG-2 50 Mbit/s compression-decompression I suppose via import and output from broadcast server.
XDCAM50 spotted here xD

Quote:
Made some waveform testing on Tektronix WFM7120 signal control equipment.
I've been using Waveform Monitors by Tektronix ever since January 2016; very good choice. A part of me is missing whenever I'm not at work with a Waveform Monitor next to me.

Anyway, very well done!

Last edited by FranceBB; 21st July 2020 at 14:21.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote