View Single Post
Old 6th August 2017, 23:10   #10  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by agressiv View Post
I guess I'm still trying to figure out where these interlaced frames are then, because looking at 100 frames is fairly trivial and nothing else comes close. Could this have "fooled" the idet filter in ffmpeg to thinking it was interlaced?
If you use -vf idet on the same disc, same title (not the extra), then likely false positives. You probably have to adjust intl_thres and prog_thres if you still wanted to use it. Avisynth detection filters can be fooled too and might need their thresholds and settings adjusted

If it was truly an "interlaced frame" - by that I mean 2 sequential fields representing 2 different moments in time - then you would see horizontal combing artifacts when there was motion.

There can be other explanations for what you think you "saw" in the 1st post. The media player could be processing it improperly. For example , a blind deinterlace applied will cause aliasing or jaggies on progressive content.

With the exception of the old series first couple seasons, Doctor Who should all be progressive (except some extras, behind the scenes, which are interlaced). There might be some sections improperly processed, but I doubt it.

Last edited by poisondeathray; 6th August 2017 at 23:14.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote