View Single Post
Old 29th September 2018, 13:10   #975  |  Link
Telion

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
However, do simple tags like bold, italics etc make ASS subtitles non-movable atm? I don't think they should!
I checked it and no, in b751 they don't (unlike the b746) - thanks again, that's a very nice improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
If one line gets flagged as unmovable on-screen, madVR won't move any lines until the unmovable line ends, and a new movable line starts.
That's not always the case. For example, when there appears a top dialog line positioned with {\an8} along with a regular bottom dialog, the latter moves back but indeed gets repositioned again when the former one ends. But when there are any signs positioned with {\pos}, the bottom dialog lines never get repositioned again even when all sign lines end and there is nothing on the screen except a regular dialog without any markup. I'm mostly concerned about this issue because currently I need to switch subtitle tracks back and forth after each sign as a workaround to restore the repositioning. Is this madVR's fault or XySubFilter's one related to the hard unmovable tags mentioned in your list (and what's the difference between soft and hard, btw)? Can something be done about this issue now, without the burden to implement an independent handling of ASS lines? I hope it should be quite simple to fix and it'd be a great improvement which would really make such support a low-priority cosmetic improvement.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote