Thread: MPC-HC v2.2.1
View Single Post
Old 18th October 2019, 16:42   #733  |  Link
littleD

I am on intel here. The way gpu process videos depends on drivers. So the gpu vendor and driver version maters too. I realized recent intel drivers got much better on my win 10 machine. Intel gpu video decoding works smooth as hell with dx11 native finally. Up to 8k, hdr and what not. But dx11 cba and other dxva2 cb works sloow at high resolutions. So cb is always taxing, just maybe one vendor is more influenced that other.

Movie and TV application decode HDR 8k movies flawlessy. But it is using mft dx11 mode. EVR DSH with MPC HC cannot decode HDR properly. It shows no contrast no colour video. To get proper HDR scaling to SDR, i need dxv11. So madvr is working nice with this option on. And MpcVR too, it is smoooth with DX11.

I eagerly wait for adding official support for mpcvr to MPC HC along with subtitles support. Although EVR Custom Presenter was given much attention in the past, its obsolete now because of drivers/system architectural shortcomings. I believe the effort is puting in dx11 ha on win 10 now by MS and other gpu companies ( i mean native support).

Last edited by littleD; 19th October 2019 at 11:00.
littleD is offline   Reply With Quote