View Single Post
Old 24th December 2018, 03:18   #16505  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNutz View Post
Job folder creation is time intensive. The contents have value. It's wasteful to permanently delete them when the recycle bin is available.
RipBot, like other software running in windows, should allow users the second-chance afforded by the recycle bin.
I can understand the idea behind this. Only problem is, the job has a number associated with it. Restoring it simply from Recycle Bin does not mean the job will be able to be re-integrated back into RB. Atak would have to actually create a restore job from Recycle Bin and then changed everything about it to have a new job number.

In many ways, think of deleting the job from RB as emptying the recycle bin. Only delete it once you are sure your created file is what you want.

My master server actually runs on a virtual machine on top of linux running ZFS. The master server never does any encoding itself, it just controls the slaves.

Twice I need to recover about a 50-150 jobs. I shutdown the VM. Created a clone from a snapshot of VM's drive, booted the VM with the cloned drive, did my work that I needed to do with the jobs, and then shut it back down and destroyed the clone and restored the original VM's drive and picked up where I left off.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote