View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:00   #20  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingWolf View Post
I can't use DXVA to check performance since the dav1d library inside the FFmpeg library inside the LAVfilters library would default to using AVX2, unless you know of a way to target a specific instruction set from within DXVA, or perhaps using an environment variable. OTOH, if you just want me to check how dav1d multithreading works in different versions of LAVFilters/ffmpeg, I can test that. But it won't be a 0.2.1 vs 0.5.1 SSSE3 benchmark anymore.
I couldn't find a way to test specific instruction sets too, that's why I used 0.2.1 vs 0.5.1 on different hardware.
You could check SSSE3 using a Core2Duo or an AMD processor and AVX2 on any Haswell onwards or Ryzen 3000.
If you only have i7 4770K, just check AVX2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingWolf View Post
I'm not too sure why you think I'm not using all cores of my CPU. With the settings above, 4 frame 3 tile threads, I get peaks of 80% CPU usage, and an eyeballed average of around 70%.
Due to 8 threads capable CPU.
Waiting for your AVX2 LAV filters results 0.2.1 vs 0.5.1 preferably in the form of DXVA Checker min/avg/max and the average CPU utilization reported by DXVA Checker.
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote