View Single Post
Old 11th July 2017, 15:34   #14  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Well, apparently they didn't even know.
And we still don't.. you did not the unconfirmed bit right next to the warning, right? And apparently at least some accounts don't seem to be affected. If the DB were lifted, why do only some accounts in the list and others not? I'd love to get my hands on that list to actually be able to compare if the data actually matches to determine if this is real or not. And if there's some pattern (e.g. only users of tapatalk, or perhaps only accounts with weak passwords that can be recovered from a dictionary attack).

Assuming the worst.. if you follow best practice and don't re-use passwords, all that could be gotten is information that you can also buy legally.. IP addresses and Emails are the currently of Facebooks and Googles of this world. Not that this would be acceptable, but it's not the end of the world either.

And as I stated in the other thread, we're going to take action and upgrade, and probably rebuild the server just to be safe.