View Single Post
Old 26th October 2020, 02:02   #944  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5180007 View Post
@MrVideo I can have a look at this bug if you provide me in PM a link to the mkv.
It is 24GB. Looking at it now won't do much good, since it is now working.

It used to be that VideoReDo added a chapter marker at time 0 to every MKV file it assembled. But, with VideoReDoPro6, it doesn't seem to. No idea when that started. So, when playback didn't start at time zero, I looked at the MKV file in VRDPro6 and when there wasn't a chapter mark at time 0, I added one and created a new file. When I ran that thru tsmuxer, and I set the BD-ROM V3 option (no idea what that is supposed to imply), I saw that there was a chapter mark listed for time 0 in tsmuxer. Playback of that ISO file started at time 0. Interesting thing is that when I read that MKV file back into VRDPro6, there is no chapter mark shown at time 0.

If it is a BD spec that there be a chapter mark at time 0, then tsmuxer should look for one and automatically add it to the chapter list. That said, tsmuxer has an option for no chapter marks. So, where is the BD player supposed to start playing the disc?

If the MKV file is supposed to have a chapter mark at time 0 in order for correct BD playback, I'll have to submit a bug to the VRD team to get it fixed.

Last edited by MrVideo; 26th October 2020 at 02:55.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote