View Single Post
Old 17th April 2018, 12:44   #933  |  Link
astraub

Hmm ... I would dispute that. Not only because DVDFab wrote, that they can extract the H.264 streams without quality loss, but also based on the fact that in an actual 3D player there is simply no time to re-encode the dependent stream just to decode it afterwards. There must be a pretty simple mathematical calculation to combine the frames of the MVC stream and the dependant stream, which can be calculated easily in real time in a 3D player. This is basically reversing the encoding operation. You could call that a re-encode - but not in the sense that the actual frames are being completely decoded to an uncompressed format and re-encoded again.

The main problem here is, that it appears to be practically impossible to get a detailed specification of the MVC stream and the dependent stream formats and the generation of the dependent stream. I already searched the internet for hours - without success. That is most likely the reason, why so far the FRIM tools are the only non-commercial tools so far.

OK - so now I still need the syntax to use FRIMDecode with a frame sequential MKV file as an input and two .yuv files as output.
astraub is offline   Reply With Quote