View Single Post
Old 30th April 2017, 18:40   #25877  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I can see the difference between using CloneDVD 2 from Elaborate Bytes if allowing it to clone a DVD using DVD-5 transcoding for rerendering vs DVD-RB's BEST 2-pass rerendering using HC as the encoder after disabling CloneDVD 2's transcoding using DVD DL. As an example. That means to me, using CloneDVD 2 to clone to a DVD-5 uses it's transcoder to rerender. Using it to process in conjunction with AnyDVD to rip a DVD but using DVD DL disables the transcoder and makes it all lossless to then use DVD-RB to rerender in 2-pass in BEST quality produces a much better looking DVD, I can see very well. I can also see the transcoded CloneDVD 2 version looking much worse, but to "normal eyes" of friends, it looks ok or GOOD.

When using BD-RB and disabling CRF/ABR I can see a difference in quality in whatever video I'm having it rerender. To me, and I'm realizing now that I might have been misunderstanding something in the reencoding process for some years now, that means transcodiing is disabled and quality encoding is happening.

I understand it doesn't "drop" the frames, I'm lacking in technical words to explain and attempting to get it across. :-) I understand when I used 29.97 and changed to Constant Framerate that means clicking "Start" means it starts a rerendering process otherwise it would all be lossless, or untouched.

In my mind, and I'm realizing I might have accepted something incorrectly for some years, that if the video is rerendered to it's actual source framerate that it's in better quality, AND...you can change the size of the file to fit projects. I'm still considering I might have taken on some misunderstandings. Ahhh, evolution.