View Single Post
Old 1st August 2017, 05:31   #26333  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Something wrong with using available sun light when outside? Besides, you can't "film" with digital cameras. I've never found a way to put film in them. In any event, how can detail be lost? Most studios use the Red 5K, or even 8K, cameras. They are specifically designed for "shooting" (not "filming") movies.
Yeah, some 'grain lovers' are so attached to their 'natural grain', that they forget that that is mostly a BYGONE product of using film. I understand and I too appreciate older films with inherent grain that comes with the filming process, and in some cases it can kind of enhance the viewing experience depending on the content. BUT... these sometimes narrow mindedly passionate grain devotees must remember that grain, which has been with us for so many decades is a chance BYPRODUCT of the medium. So, now that movies are using more digital cameras, unless the intermediate is manipulated, you are just simply not going to see that much grain in 'films' these days, which is what bloody REAL LIFE looks like! That has absolutely NOTHING to do with retained 'detail' The only point that I personally feel that these people have is when it is AGGRESSIVELY wiped away taking some of the actual detail with it. But, to say that since they are mostly using digital cameras, and thus there is 'no detail anyway'... well, I don't think I really need to finish that sentence, do I...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote