View Single Post
Old 4th January 2021, 22:59   #1887  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes. It should be available in the next release. It won't apply to UHD sources or to NVENC encodes, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I'm very, very cool with Blu-ray. Or rather 1080P. Everything looks great, even pimples..which I didn't see with DVD - haha! I could understand why I might want to re-encode Phone videos (UHD), but...those are always smaller than BD and so on(, riiiight?).
Outside of BD, if someone wants MP...then much newer hardware is going to be required which is why you typed before that MULIPROCESS is becoming obsolete. Correct?

I'm curious.. If UHD Is Not the reason for MULTIPROCESS to become obsolete...what is? I can see UHD using the advantage of MP. Disregarding the need for storage. Which will become greater as M.2 NVMe becomes more widely accepted. Maybe I'm missing something..? I went M.2 with my Ryzen but it was several months after.

Anyway, Appreciation!!
I added the code to reenable MULTIPROCESS for the next release. It turned out to be a bit more involved than I'd initially hoped.

The reason it was disabled (in addition to my belief that it was no longer accomplishing anything) was because BD-RB started using the newer TSMUXER version as the default. There were changes in the file naming convention for multipart sources in the new TSMUXER.