View Single Post
Old 1st August 2020, 04:57   #29774  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
You got that right, just ask @gonca...
Just ask at-gonca?? That's like saying "I want to use the ATM machine." since ATM is an acronym for Automatic Teller Machine.

"Ur funny."

More fun poking.."But, it's been a while since I used BDRB..." "It is been a while..", are you sure it IS been a while? Though MrVideo and I aren't related, it's fun to catch stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Well, at least I am procreating within my species...
Yet, you speak...and type. Are you "Possessed"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
FOUND IT!

There is a similar problem here which put me to the right direction.
The commandline states "--threads auto" ... that might do for 99% of the systems. But I build that machine mainly for encoding, with 2 Xeon 2699v3, that sum up (with hyperthreading) to 72 threads total.
Every thread of x264 uses a certain amount of RAM, which breaks the memory limitation of 32bit apps

I guess disabling hyperthreading ("--threads 36" is working with 2.8 GB RAM used) will solve the problem for me, but if someone builds a similar system or uses one of the mean AMD Threadrippers, they will also run into that Problem.
[edit] Read a little more: "--threads auto" creates 1.5 times CPU cores threads for encoding... So even with Hyperthreading switched off the encode would fail on my machine
Thhhhhhat is interesting!! I'll check that with my new budget Ryzen build. Still using Windows 7, ahhhhhhhhh...it's sweet.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 1st August 2020 at 05:27.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote