View Single Post
Old 17th February 2021, 17:59   #4  |  Link
Hotte

I haven't seen any results, but I am pretty sure that you could improve the first two examples in a satisfying manner. What you might need is some tweaking.

First always set rx=ry unless halos appear only horizontally or only vertically.

Radius 3.5 seems way too wide for what I have seen in your examples. This will probably blurr your edges. Go down to 2.0 or less and magnify the area: Tweak radius in a way that the coverline hits the halo area as precisely as possible.

Set darkstr to 0 and start with the white halos. Pull up brighstr to determine the greyness of the coverline needed - only as much as necessary.

Use the lowsens parameter: 120 will discover more halos than default 50. If you discover too many you might risk blurr.

Use highsens to reduce the loss of detail. I found out that a high distance between lowsens and highsens determines how much detail is being preserved (the higher the more detail).

For inspiration: I am using this setup to remove fine white halos in some older FHD-footage:

Code:
dehalo_alpha(rx=2.4,ry=2.4,darkstr=0.0,brightstr=1.2,lowsens=150,highsens=500,ss=1.0)
The black halos in the same footage get this:
Code:
dehalo_alpha(rx=2.4,ry=2.4,darkstr=1.2,brightstr=0.0,lowsens=120,highsens=500,ss=1.0)
I am very satisfied with the results.

Last edited by Hotte; 17th February 2021 at 18:08.
Hotte is offline   Reply With Quote