View Single Post
Old 7th September 2010, 17:43   #15  |  Link
Kuukunen

stax: More like a gun nut might help another gun nut without questioning what he's gonna do with the gun.

Or if we go with that other analogy, of course. My point was that if the patron is clearly intoxicated, something should be done about it.
But I don't think the bartender should go out of his way to hunt people down with a breathalyser if he sees someone stagger a bit on the other side of the bar.
Of course the police understand that intoxicated people will get even more intoxicated at bars. I don't even remember hearing about any bartender getting sued for it even though my brother works as one and I've seen some very extreme cases (That mostly have been thrown out).

Ok, this analogy went a bit far, but all I'm saying is that I don't see the point of harassing people for supposedly legal reasons when there are none. Your example of "I have two MKV movies. One is blurrier than the other. What can I do to make the blurry one clearer?" carries no legal significance in any direction. For all I know, he could've made two home movies with different cameras. Or maybe a more probable case of "backups from your own legitimately purchased content" and one of them was mastered poorly.

Seriously, even that "I have two MKV files. How do I join them?" has a very good chance of being something illegal. (And not just MKV, of course.)

"I have this MKV file Avatar.720P.MP3.BeStRiPpEr.mkv and I can't get it to play." Now that's of course a clear case of breaking the rules.
Kuukunen is offline   Reply With Quote