View Single Post
Old 15th January 2017, 07:08   #25508  |  Link
Lathe

So, the encode finished and coincidentally the overall finished size was about 14.6 Gigs... Uh, that was uncannily very close to the wild 'guess' I made when I set the output size (see above)

BUT... the video was definitely using a CRF of 20 when it re-encoded. Sooooo, was I just amazingly brilliant in my guess as to what I THOUGHT the output size should be using a CRF of 20, or did BDRB in some way use the expected output size even though it did indeed use CRF 1 pass on the encode...???

I thought when you use CRF 1 pass that the output size is disregarded, right...? So:

1. Why did the log file show an intended output size...?

2. Although definitely using a CRF 1 pass encode, how the hell could have hit so close to what I just happened to have put in as an output size...?

3. When using CRF 1 pass, shouldn't the output size be greyed out anyway?

I mean, I am ecstatic that the CRF is finally working and I'm not getting the constant, stupid, meaningless, and inaccurate 'AnyDVD short titles' error that I ALWAYS got before when I tried to use CRF encoding, but I don't understand how the supposedly 'disregarded' output size factored into it this time.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote