View Single Post
Old 10th March 2019, 23:42   #28417  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I've been messing with Start10 and WindowBlinds with XP and Seven skins. Ahhh, finally...doesn't look so horrible-eye-sore. Tiles are replaced, Yeess!!! Now I'm checking speeds...as well as how it functions with BD-RB. So far I haven't noticed the browse button click-no-response, click-again-and-get-the-prompt "bug" isn't there. Hmmm. 10 is supposed to be a lot better with RAM+CPU, so..for now, on a test partition only. Once in a great while it required 2 to 3 clicks before the source browse button actions of BD-RB would show a prompt.
Hmmm, well, I certainly could use 'a lot better' with RAM & CPU, that's for sure! I just FINALLY realized today that I had my CPU set to 'Turbo', which under normal circumstances is fine. BUT... I've been having x264 fail on encodes, so I checked the CPU temperature and I know that's it because I've been having some very long-standing trouble with it. Just today I had an encode fail part way through. So, just on a whim, mainly to see if I could boost the CPU fan speed or something, I noticed the Turbo setting. So, I THINK I put it back to normal. After rebooting up the system, I re-checked the CPU temperature, and sure enough, even during the same encode again, it was a HELL of a lot cooler, at least in CPU terms. So, maybe that will get me by until I am bloody forced to build another system.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote