View Single Post
Old 24th June 2017, 17:08   #26111  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
Jdobbs,

I would like to say your software, though you claim it to be still in Beta after all these years, is THE best compression program I've ever used for Blu-ray! I've even compared in the past, screenshot for screenshot, against the likes of DVDFab more than a few times. It can't be beat as far as I know!

And this begs the question, why have you not went retail with this software? I know I will piss off many in this thread and those who've come to rely on your software wholeheartedly and as a backup. I'm just curious why you think it's not ready for primetime?

Because I can tell you now, I can run down an almost endless list of big name companies who make software with FAR MORE bugs than I've seen in this thread!
Thanks for the kind words. I guess money was never the driver for BD-RB's development. I accepted donations for a while -- but that was more than spent in purchases of discs for testing and occasional hardware upgrades. PayPal gave me the heave-ho because they couldn't tell the difference between my software and a ripper (giving me the distinct impression that PayPal doesn't hire the sharpest analysts). So that pretty much ended even the donations. I then decided I'd start accepting Amazon gift cards (since Amazon is where I bought most of my discs). But that dried up quickly -- with the last gift card coming in back in Jan or Feb. So, I guess the point is that it's more a labor of love than anything profitable.

As for the beta status... I think I'm trying to set a record, though I don't know that Guinness has a category for "software beta"

I appreciate the thought.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th June 2017 at 17:15.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote