Old 13th March 2014, 20:18   #19557  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Not sure if this answers your question:
Stream Folder of non-working disc (total 3 files):
- 00021.m2ts (Feature)
- 99001.m2ts (menu backdrop)
- 99002.m2ts (ID: 256 (0x100) Menu ID : 1 (0x1) List : 5120 (0x1400) ()

Stream Folder of working disc (total 3 files):
- 00001.m2ts (Feature)
- 99001.m2ts (menu backdrop)
- 99002.m2ts (ID : 256 (0x100) Menu ID : 1 (0x1) List : 5120 (0x1400) ()

So both stream folders look the same, except file number for the Feature

The sub-Path of the non-working disc refers to sPID1400 which seems to be 99002.m2ts
There should be two MPLS files in the PLAYLIST folder. One of those is for the feature and the other is for the menu. The menu set (99001/99002) would be contained in the higher numbered of the two MPLS files. 99002 contains an out-of-mux IGS (Interactive Graphics Stream) for the menu (the actual selections that are overlaid on the menu backdrop). The lower numbered MPLS would reference the feature.

In a Quick-Play backup it is also possible that feature may have IGS (although most of the time it doesn't) -- that's usually for some graphic feature that pops-up upon request. Sometimes it's things like a graphic of the original storyboards or something similar. The PID for that stream would also be 0x1400 (the base PID for an IGS).

The out-of-mux IGS for the feature would be named the same as it was on the original disc. From what you have shown me there doesn't appear to have been one, or there would have been four M2TS files in the STREAM folder. If BDEdit shows that there is a subpath listed for the lessor-numbered MPLS, then it would appear that BD-RB kept the reference, but not the file -- which, of course, would be a bug.

What I don't understand is why there is even a menu when there is only one item to be played? Normally a menu is not created for a single playback item unless the hidden option MENU_FORCE_QUICK=1 is established. I assume you have that set in your INI file?

I'll dig around and see if I can find a disc with out-of-mux IGS in the feature and do a Quick-Play backup just to see what I can find. But, the more I think about it, maybe I should eliminate the IGS subpaths on a Quick-Play backup. There are other possible headaches that could conceivably come out of an IGS stream -- since the commands really have no limit to their actions.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th March 2014 at 20:29.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote