View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 10:52   #401  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
Some captions are colored but in the sub/idx-mode are all captions white.

I saw in SC you can choose different colors for the captions.

Is it possible to keep the Sup-color in the vobsub.idx-file?
Sometimes I wonder if anybody ever even had a look in the online help at all. Keep in mind that every minute of my life that I have to answer questions that could be easily answered by reading the manual and/or experimenting a little on your own, is a minute that is lost for BDSup2Sub development.
But yeah well:

When converting the 256 color palette of a BD/HD-DVD-SUP to a "4 out of 16" colors VobSub palette, BDSup2Sub looks for the brightest opaque color which is used for the most pixels. It then selects the closest color from the default VobSub palette than can be displayed and edited via the "Edit Vobsub Palette" menu entry.

In your example, the yellow is very light and thus closer to white than to the yellow in BDSup2Sub's default VobSub palette. You can edit the yellow color in the VobSub palette though as described in the online help. You can even save and load your own custom palettes.

There are some limitations however: due to the restriction to a 16 color palette and BDSup2Sub's (minimum) antialiasing approach for VobSubs which needs a light and a dark tone for each color, there are only 6 colors than can be adjusted (plus white/grays). So if there are more colors used in the SUP, some colors will be always wrong.
Besides, due to the limitation to 4 colors (where one is transparent) in one caption, having two primary colors in one caption will always lead to (at least partially) wrong colors.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote