View Single Post
Old 10th January 2019, 23:16   #381  |  Link
MasterMeNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
Basically it sounds like a problem with your system when it's not even possible to copy those files with windows explorer.

Honestly I don't know how I can help in this case.

Maybe try to use a virtual windows with access to your drive? And see if you can copy the files there?

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk
When doing it in a Windows 10 VM one of the following happens:

* Native SCSI passthrough: same problem occurs when copying these files as native Windows;
* Emulated drive: access works, DVDFab works, FindVUK complains about it not being a Blu-ray drive and refuses to work (appears there is no way to ignore this check). If I remember correctly it complained because QEMU (the VM) emulates the drive as a CD-ROM drive and not a Blu-ray drive.

I also did some testing on Linux with wine-4.0-rc4

* 32-bit wine, 32-bit DVDFab: DVDFab works, procdump crashes;
* 64-bit wine, 32-bit DVDFab: DVDFab works, procdump64 works, FindVUK step one works completely, step two fails because "Drive is NOT a Blu-ray drive! Exit now!";
* 64-bit wine, 64-bit DVDFab: DVDFab crashes

It appears wine does not support probing for all device info currently, and returns some dummy info which happens to be not a Blu-ray drive:
002a:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)

As the UnitKeyDEC is found successfully the most important functionality works fine. I have not found a way to skip the part 2 Blu-ray drive check. Could you add an option or argument to skip the check and assume the drive is a Blu-ray drive or allow for hardcoding drive features in the config file? Possibly changing the check mechanism could fix this. DVDFab reports for example, even with wine, "Disc media: Blu-ray (BDMV)". Alternatively I don't mind hacking the source a bit and submitting a patch, but as far as I can see FindVUK is closed source.

Initially I'd say a version that skips the check would be good for testing, could you upload a version that makes this possible?

Thanks.
MasterMeNL is offline   Reply With Quote