View Single Post
Old 12th January 2019, 15:14   #386  |  Link
MasterMeNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
Can you simply execute the 'FindVUK - ShowDriveDetailsForAllDrives' batch file inside qemu-windows and send me the result? I will simply add an exception for the qemu virtual drive - just need the details of it.

There's already such an exception for the virtualbox drive in the code as this is the one I've been using in the past and that I've tried with FindVUK.

Thanks!
Here are the details for the emulated QEMU drive:

2019-01-12 14:55:43 # 4 # [I] main / Drive_GetAllDetails(legacy) / Check drive features for drive >E<
2019-01-12 14:55:43 # 90 # [I] main / Drive_GetAllDetails(legacy) / Vendor >< ProductId >QEMU QEMU DVD-ROM< ProductRevision >2.5+< ScsiDeviceType >CD/DVD-ROM device< ConnectedTo >Atapi< Bus
2019-01-12 14:55:44 # 171 # [I] main / Drive_GetAllDetails(legacy) / Device has wrong mediatype - it is a >CD-ROM< but we need a DVD MediaType

As a side note, Wine does not implement this specific way of querying, the output of the showdrivedetails command under Wine 4.0-rc4 is:

0009:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)
14:57:32 - Cannot enumerate storage device - stop getting drive details for this drive

I think it would be interesting to test this further as this is likely the only reason it currently does not work under Wine. For this there needs be a way to bypass the drive check completely as it will currently error under Wine. Alternatively autodetection of Wine is possible through the wine_get_version symbol in ntdll as described in https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/win...er/069387.html. What might be easier for a quick test is to assume the drive works if an error occurs during enumeration of the storage device instead of bailing out.

Thank you!
MasterMeNL is offline   Reply With Quote