View Single Post
Old 20th July 2019, 16:28   #56908  |  Link
brazen1

I have a 3D/HDR panel. I selected 'passthrough HDR to display' for the 'hdr' tab in my monitor catagory. I created a profile group in my monitor catagory using

if (HDR) "BT.2020"
else "BT.709"

for the calibration tab. Then I created a couple profile names BT.2020 and BT.709 and adjusted them accordingly. I'm happy with this.

I want to create another profile group for the 'hdr' tab. I want to keep passthrough for everything as I have it now except for 3D titles. For those I want a seperate profile. I only want it to trigger for 3D titles. Instead of selecting 'passthrough', I want to select 'tone map using pixel shaders'. Maybe I can brighten 3D up a bit. I would try this rule:

if (3D) "TONE MAP"
else "PASSTHROUGH"

in an HDR profile group name with a couple of TONE MAP and PASSTHROUGH profile names adjusted accordingly.

I have not experimented with any of the new tone mapping tests or builds nor reviewed any of the thread discussions. I understand the main interest is for those that prefer madVR tone mapping instead of the displays logic especially those without HDR compatibilty. My question is, would I achieve anything advantageous considering 3D is SDR? In other words, are you guys able to enhance SDR using madVR tone mapping or is it just the opposite and only able to enhance HDR to SDR?

Using madVR v0.92.17.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote