View Single Post
Old 10th December 2016, 19:01   #41362  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight77 View Post
2) About diethering: 10bit 4K TV, GTX1070 running things, I should pick Ordered Diethering without "use colored noise"....right? I'm a bit confused because I was sure that the best quality settings was ED1 but then in the last pages of the thread I read that OD is like the best choice for my set-up.
ED1 is higher quality than ordered. However, with a 10-bit 4K TV you are even less likely to notice the improvement over ordered dithering. I really do not like "use colored noise" but others do so that is a matter of preference.

If you have to lower other settings ED1 probably isn't worth it, but if you don't then ED1 is never bad in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight77 View Post
3) Image downscaling: am I wrong or it's like I'll never use it? I mean I upscale 720p or 1080p to the 4K and I'll never watch anything over 4K....
You are correct, there are two downscaling options now and you will never need to use the one in "image downscaling".

There is the downscaling option for "algorithm to use after doubling:" on the image upscaling page. This would be used after quadrupling 720p to 5120x2880 to downscale to 3840x2160. I suggest leaving it on "let madVR decide".