View Single Post
Old 11th December 2016, 04:05   #41370  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrik G View Post
Madshi should get the nobel prize for NGU !

watching blu ray movies on my 3D LUT calibrated KRP-500M now with NGU almost makes them look like 4K resolution!
and then im not using luma doubling only chroma upscaling

its amazing how clean and sharp the picture is now and with NO sideeffects or any sign of artificial created image.
damn amazing!

i just wonder how the hell did he do it and why the picture quality is so much higher than with NNEDI3 ?

btw NGU for luma doubling doesnt work here
to much moire effects
almost like bumping up sharpness +20
but since NGU at high for chroma is so sharp already you dont need it

Scene from i still know what you did last summer blu ray with NGU high
Pioneer KRP-500M
btw the photo has 22 stops of dynamic range so everything from black to white is captured
you should be able to spot the frame of the tv if your blacklevel is setup right
Yes but please keep in mind a relative low quantized Blu-Ray in H.264 is a virtual perfect source you can work with up-scaling to 4K which should need very little overall processing.
Neo-XP got some very nice results already even @ NGU-Med which should save some processing and he used much more inferior source Lower Resolution 2nd Generation Blu-Ray Transcodes instead of a 1st Generation 1080p H.264 Source

This is where Profiles actually could really become handy todo source based setup decisions in a fast switching way

Nice would be these Presets then would become easy accessible through the Player Interface itself (not the MadVR Icon only)

Your result even from the Screen Capture looks nice especially with Samsungs Cinema Magic Bright PP (which unfortunately has its own sharpening filter ontop of it's Cinema color tone mapping which though doesn't create that much over sharpening based on your Nikons camera focus and jpg result at all).

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 11th December 2016 at 05:01.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote