View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 13:29   #58  |  Link
guth

Sorry for not replying. I didn't get any notifications of any activity in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhorman View Post
But for the default of 400 frames, the video doesn't come out as smooth as I would expect. Is it actually measured in frames, or is it a %age (so 400% would be 4 frames)?
It's based on frame count. It doesn't mean that it equals the number of frames. What I mean is just that if you have video with more fps (as interlaced video in a way has), you should increase the value to get the same result. If 400 isn't smooth enough for you, just increase it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terka View Post
when a motion is fast (+long shutter speed) -the deshaked picture is blurred. is it able to add some motion deblur to this pictures? (like focus magic)
Focus magic looks pretty cool, but it doesn't seem to be able to correct motion blur automatically, you have to manually measure the blur direction and length. That's hard to do automatically. And I'm sure the actual correction isn't easy to do either . I doubt it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhorman View Post
...is there any chance that a future version might include perspective correction?
Hmmmmm..... I'll have to think about that one.... real hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpEnterprises View Post
(1) You wrote "Improved handling of new scenes ... allows pass 2 to take appropriate action".
Would you mind giving some details what this action is? Is there a forced "jump" in the resulting deshaking shifts or the like?
It does this:
1. The end of scene 1 and beginning of scene 2 are basically placed at "zero correction". And there's no smoothing over the scene cut, so if scene 1 ends by panning to the right, scene 2 can start by panning to the left, abruptly.
2. It doesn't attempt to use frames from another scene when using previous and future frames to fill in the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpEnterprises View Post
(2) regarding the new "Remember discarded areas" option: how is this related to the "blocks OK" percentage?
I'm not sure I understand your question. Basically, what I do is use the pattern of good/bad blocks for one frame as a starting point for the next frame. This usually results in that it is able to continue locking to the background when large objects enter the scene.
guth is offline   Reply With Quote