View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2007, 00:02   #61  |  Link
FMalibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxDisc View Post
To be sure we are on the same wavelength, an "S node" in your notation is an upper Subset node and a D is a lower Difference node? So an S=u and a D=v in the AACS uv mask notation?
Correct. I know I've confused them in the past, but I'm on the same terminology now

Quote:
So we do not know for sure about non-software players, but perhaps some lie in the second 512 height pyramid, the one just to the right of the one the software players are in, and they would normally use a processing key different from the one arnezami located? Hmmm. The processing key from arnezami confirms to them that a device from the first tree was used. (As if they didn't know where the software players reside.)
Yes, and I really do wonder where any other device nodes are located...

Quote:
I am wondering about this breakup at level 22 into 512 pyramids. I wonder if devices have device keys for above that level? I have forgotten if any specs tell how many device keys each device has. IIRC 253 are needed for one of the 512 pyramids at level 22, but only 496 or 528 for 31 or 32 levels. I'm getting a picture of this divided up base of 512 pyramids having only a few devices in each pyramid, perhaps separated by manufacturer or with software players in one and hardware in another.
I cannot recall reading the number of device keys in any AACS document, the number of 253 was from arnezami I think. If they're never going to use any node above level 22 as S node, I suppose it wouldn't make sense to issue device keys above this level. In fact, the higher the S node, the more device keys are needed (height-1).

The wise thing to do seems to be to distribute device nodes randomly. For exactly this occurence (exposure of a processing key) it helps in tracking down the culprit.

-- FMalibu
FMalibu is offline   Reply With Quote