View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2007, 15:09   #66  |  Link
xyz987

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMalibu View Post
First I'll tell you how I think you think it works, compiled from your previous posts, and you can confirm or correct this.
I need time to appropiately answer your post, and I have not time just now (i have to go to work). For now, just a little (and far incomplete) advance:

No, master tree is not a tree of master keys, it is just a tree of Device Keys. Each player receives 22 DKs for master tree (and master tree can be conceived as the subset difference for "everybody"), 21 DKs for one of the subtrees that represent "half of everybody", 20 DKs for one of the subtrees that represent "a quarter of everybody", and so on. Keys of each subtree are different that keys of any other subtree, and the same is true for master tree.

Subtrees are subset differences. Master tree is nothing special (it is "the subset of everybody"), except for a sole aditional property: for each player there is a different route from leaf key to root key at master tree, and this route is used to decide which subtrees are used for each player (which subtrees the player receives DKs for).
xyz987 is offline   Reply With Quote