View Single Post
Old 30th May 2011, 20:12   #277  |  Link
Raen

Hey there! Been a loyal user of LameXP for some years now and glad that you continue to regularly update it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
I could make the "add files" dialog remember the last folder used, yes! Yet another entry on my TODO list
Yes, that would be some useful thing to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
The Cue Sheet import wizard was added
Glad you added full CUE support, because I experienced some bizarre things with CUE files.
Supposedly they are supported by LameXP, but dragging one CUE file to LameXP gives an error.

Or LameXP (v4.01) doesn't support CUE files of FLAC files?
If not, are they supported with the new Cue Sheet import wizard?

I am using CUETools for this splitting job (mostly with FLAC files), and converting with LameXP afterwards.

I also have some slowness when opening the "Output Directory" tab for the 1st time after running LameXP, about 3-5 seconds until it opens.
Then, every time I click "+" to explore a folder, to see its sub-folders, another 3-5 seconds of hanging.
But if I go to a folder that i explored before in the same LameXP session, no hanging happens, it shows the sub-folders instantly.

At least I'm happy that the "Output Directory" tab remembers the last folder used, even in the previous LameXP session.

Now, I've some bug reports and requests (some of them, features that should return from the v3.18 version):
  • M3U playlists in "Artist - Album.m3u" format.

Something that v3.18 was cool at, and LameXP v4.01 is creating M3U playlists in "Album.m3u" format.
  • ":" should be converted to " - " in the M3U's filename.

LameXP v4.01 is replacing ":" with space or simply eliminating it.
    (Also featured in v3.18)
  • M3U playlists made by LameXP after converting don't recognize/open files with special characters like accents ("é", "ã", "ö", ...), "ß", "ø", etc in their filename.

Maybe creating M3U8 (unicode) playlists instead of M3U solves the problem?
  • Button to copy file's album information to "Metadata" tab, like v3.18 had.
  • "Genre" in the "Metadata" tab should be editable/writable if pretended, just like "artist" or "album" field.

Some tracks have more than 1 genre or genres that are not listed.
  • Option to hide/disable the DropBox (maybe under "Tools"->"Configuration" similar to the other options there).

Sometimes the DropBox gets in the way when you have multiple windows open for example.
  • Option to edit destination filenames.

In "Source Files" tab you have the "Title" column, then the "Full Path" column.
    Maybe putting a new "Destination File" column between these already existing two, would do the trick.

It could be directly editable/writable or should have some formula/parameters, like if the track title is "X", then the destination file name would be "01. X.mp3", where "01" is the track number.

The destination filename creation parameters should be editable, like for example EAC (Exact Audio Copy) has, or something like LameXP has in the "Advanced Options" tab in "Custom Encoder Parameters"

I suggest this because I often edit beforehand one by one the filenames of the files I want to convert, so LameXP converts and playlists them with the filenames that I pretend, because LameXP names the converted files according to the original filenames by default.

If this feature was implemented, users like me that like to have files by a certain filename standard, would save a lot of work.
  • Track details window should have FULL bitrate, encoder, etc info just like v3.18 had.

v3.18 VS v4.01
    VS
  • If minimized, LameXP goes back to the "Source Files" tab when you open/restore its window.
    It should remember which tab you were using before minimizing.

Also, when I have the time, I'm looking forward to do a Portuguese (PT-PT) translation for LameXP

Keep up the good work!
Raen is offline   Reply With Quote