View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2015, 03:08   #13  |  Link
sephirotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivan View Post
sephirotic,
By default avisynth's ConvertTo uses it too, but it can and should be specified ("Rec709" is the correct one if you want tv-range video).
yest, that is what I've done after further digging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivan View Post
Do you really need 4:4:4 YCbCr? x264 supports RGB encoding which is a bit less effective but way more convenient (and is actually lossless).
I've done a second encode with x264 rgb for keeping the master, I only needed YCBCR for the final 10 bit encode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
At the very beginning you need to be aware that m2ts input material was compressed YUV BT709, that you have lost some information.
Then you added effects and wanted to make the movie lossless at x264.
Well, Premiere interpreted the color matrix correctly so lost information was minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
I don't know what you created TIFF images MOV. You can download a free plugin VP9 (sRGB, i444 undef).
Chroma sampling 4:4:4 (YUV i444) will be converted to 8bit sRGB monitor. ):
BT2020 is for depth 10bit files and currently isn't recognized by most programs only TV.
sRGB isn't recognized by most programs.
sRGB would be interesting for the master, but then again, premiere doesn't export it Afaik so taht would only add another conversion and more rounding losses in the process.

Thanks for all the help, I was able to attain virtually imperceivable loss in color information just by using ConverTToYV24 (matrix="rec709")

Here a sample to anyone curious.
http://diff.pics/ssFVuuBc4Agi/1
Lossless in this case is qp0 veryslow no bframes x264 yv24 encode, but I'm in the middle of doing a RGB x264 encode right now as a V2.

Last edited by sephirotic; 3rd October 2015 at 03:23. Reason: Missed quote mark
sephirotic is offline   Reply With Quote