View Single Post
Old 25th July 2018, 21:34   #44  |  Link
bradwiggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
One difference is the YT version you linked to uses scene blending . That could explain the "stutter" that you are seeing, because there would be some duplicate frames at the end of each scene. So in any of those generic interpolation scripts, you would use blend=true for the flow part . Usually it's set to false by default for most interpolation scripts for any generic scripts

In my experience, GPU quality is noticably worse for interpolation for SVP ; larger artifacts, and sometimes even duplicate frames. I posted examples and comparisons probably here and other forums as well. This might not be true for your system or card/hardware setup, so try different combinations . But it's usually much faster

Disable all the other options , things like like artifact masking if you want it to look like the YT version

If you do all that and still think the YT version is "smoother" ; the other possibility is some playback issue; there might be differences in HW acceleration in browser or local media playback.
Which script would you recommend using in order to reproduce the video, would it be one of the ones posted by people here?

I don't think it will be a playback issue, as I have downloaded the youtube video using the link in the video description that actually links to the file, and I played it in my normal media player and it still looks better.
bradwiggo is offline   Reply With Quote