View Single Post
Old 7th August 2012, 21:37   #2085  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
About the German localization, please have a look to labels fitting into textboxes and toolboxes. Since german words are sometimes extremely loooong, there is the possibility that there is not enough space.
Oh yes, I do know that...
And since VB does not use the standard resource format a translator has no way to adjust the size of input boxes, message boxes and so on.

But I believe I did catch all problems (it took longer to modify text to fit into the boxes than the raw translation itself). Luckily it does not depend on the screen resolution, I tested it at 800x600, and everything did fit into the boxes.

It sure makes for some translated phrases which are not too elegant, but I think everything is understandable. And of course there is a lot of room for improvement...

Quote:
I didn't know about the MKVtoolnix tracks ID management change. Bad news indeed. Two MKVtoolnix versions to handle for a while...
The problems started with version 5.20. MKVExtractGUI-2 and MKVCleaver had to be updated to work with newer versions of MKVToolNix. Have a look here...
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...92#post1547092

Enjoy your vacation, hopefully with nice weather...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 8th August 2012 at 15:40.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote