View Single Post
Old 14th December 2009, 17:14   #6303  |  Link
Race Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
BD media is different than DVD media. Blue laser vs red laser. Just because the backup is made to fit on a DVD DL disc doesn't change the type of backup. If burned to DVD media, it is AVCHD. To BD media, it's BluRay.
I have tested several full backups that, when burned to DVD media, did not play correctly or without audio for the main movie, but when burned to BD-RE played perfectly.
I do not believe AVCHD supports HD audio, so the backups should have their audio converted to DD AC3.
Following this thread from the beginning, almost one year now, there has not been many consistent full movie backups reported that play to BD5/9 media on standalones.
The Oppo identifies all the 9's as "BDMV" during load. The good ones launch, the bad ones get spit out. When a "good one" is playing & I bring up the Oppo's info the disc is identified "BDMV". The Sony 460, calls it a "BD-ROM AVC".

On the audio, one of my "good ones" has the DTS-HD MA "1536k core" & it plays fine on both, so core DTS is apparently OK too.

I'm thinking it's more the "studio's structure" than the media. Something's "non-compliant" at disc load.

I just noticed that Fox is also "good". That's the one with the DTS.
Race Guy is offline   Reply With Quote