View Single Post
Old 20th March 2010, 03:36   #7350  |  Link
PhilippeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@PhiiipeB
That's just my point. If BD-RB sees the change the first time, and then when run again it isn't there. There HAS to be something changing it back in the mean time... either that or we have to believe start believing in alien intervention. I'm not prepared to do that at this time.

I hate to contradict your last post -- but the problem is very definitely the DirectShow registry. That's what is being inspected by BD-RB when it starts... if the correct entry isn't there for VC-1 in the preferred list -- then the wrong CODEC is attempting the decode. BD-RB is looking at it and seeing that (very definitely) the wrong codec is there. The media foundation class has nothing to do with BD-RB -- because it isn't being used, DirectShow is being accessed through the AVISYNTH filter.

Ouuuu ! Alien intervention ! This is exactly what my problematic VC-1 title is about ! (4th kind).
So now we found the bug LOL !

Seriously, can you provide, as i asked before, the registry paths i should be looking into (and what values they should be after BD-RB intervention ?) so at least i can start debugging something ?

PhilippeB is offline   Reply With Quote