View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 03:44   #27356  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
When i got my mind set to do something, you can bet your ass i'll try every damn method i can find. Even if it's in some obsure post i only found on 1 site. Turned out to be the working one too. Just a note though, after i attached that dummy plug. My main monitor no longer showed the ROG logo upon boot (applies to accessing bios too), no screen until lock screen. Seems like the onboard hdmi takes priority over that. Plug the monitor into that one and yup, visuals. But hardware decoding/encoding at least on my end currently results in severe artifacts.

So if the potentially artifact resolving tweak above doesn't fix the glitching, i'll disable QS again in the bios. I can live with a slower encode, i can't live with video artifacts
On my Asus Z710-Deluxe, there is a BIOS option (on the screen where you enable the iGPU), to select iGPU or PEG as the primary adapter. I have mine set to PEG, and the GTX970 is the primary monitor and works for the bios and video before windows starts.

Oh, I'm using an HDMI splitter that I had laying around, instead of the plug you linked to. While it shows as a video card and monitor (to extend my desktop too), I haven't tried any encoding software or anything yet...
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote