View Single Post
Old 8th October 2014, 15:21   #21534  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
There are also tools to override the preferred filter without entirely breaking it by disabling it on a file level, ie this: http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_p...er_tweaker.htm

I've pondered before if I should make the LAV installer set its decoders as the preferred decoders, however it may break stuff in some applications, which is why I didn't do that (ie. TV playback in WMC usually breaks), and most competent players have their own functions to prefer filters over the Microsoft ones.
Can you create a special installer that sets the preferred settings (at least for AVC, VC-1 and MPEG-2)? I tried modifying the .iss file to force the change, but it didn't work. I don't think I'm familiar enough with Inno installer to do it correctly. I put the entries in "[Registry]" section and even used the "Permissions" parameter -- but it didn't change the values.

If not I can modify BD-RB to manually change the preferred settings at startup (like I do for FFDSHOW) -- but that way is kind of a cludge since I have to ask the user to run BD-RB as Administrator the first time it is run.

[Edit] Never mind. I got the customized installer working...

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th October 2014 at 22:48.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote