View Single Post
Old 20th October 2019, 13:03   #10  |  Link
PRAGMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I get out of memory errors for 1080p content using a GTX 1070. Does it really need what much ram? used model 1x_DeSharpen

CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 1.48 GiB (GPU 0; 8.00 GiB total capacity; 2.56 GiB already allocated; 72.05 MiB free; 3.65 GiB cached)

Restarting vsedit didn't help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I tested some filters and the most usefull (and safe) one which also does not generate artifacts was 1x_DeSharpen.

The "spongebob model" looked also not bad for some older animes but had some blurry spots for some reason.
This is an ESRGAN port, so it will generate results the exact same as ESRGAN, and use the same amount of memory as ESRGAN.
But yes, generally speaking x1080 resolution content require quite a bit of memory, i'm trying to work out a way to split up the input frame into multiple split images, to then run them all separately and then combine them back to 1 frame and return, that way using the same amount of memory, but less memory simultaneously, would be slower, but would be the only viable option for most GPU's.
I'm having a bit of trouble working it out right now but hopefully I or someone else, figures out a way to do so.
PRAGMA is offline   Reply With Quote